Sunday, October 21, 2012

Babymoon by Jes


 The concept of a babymoon is that first time parents take a last trip as a childless couple to enjoy time alone and do thing that may be a bit harder with a little one, such as:
 sleep,
talking,
 showering,
shopping,
eating at a restaurant,
brushing your hair,
putting on shoes
...
you get it.

I am an advocate of anything that encourages a vacation, so I jumped on the babymoon bandwagon with both feet.
Most people probably choose to take their babymoon closer to the due date, but I always figure there's no time like the present, so we went when I was 5 months (this also gave me time to try to sneak in another "babymoon" when Danny wasn't paying attention).
 This should have been posted back in May when said Babymoon actually occurred, however that was not to be...


So without further ado:


Glacier, Washionton
May 2012 


Glacier is a tiny ski town about a hour and a half north-east of Seattle.
I'm not kidding about tiny.
Like, the population is 211.
I'm not exaggerating. I just googled it.

Anyway, we hit it on the last weekend of ski season, and since we obviously weren't there to ski, we had the place mostly to ourselves. It was perfect.


      


We had amazingly beautiful scenery around where we were staying, but as there wasn't much to do besides go for walks (we did alot of walking), we ventured into the nearest city of Bellingham.

It's charming. We loved it.

   We found an amazing park in the middle of town with lots of trails and waterfalls. We even caught a wedding taking place on this bridge.

We also found an amazing home decor shop called DIGS.
If you ever are in Bellingham, GO!
You won't be sorry.


 
Another day we drove up into Canada from Vancouver to Whistler on the Sea to Sky Highway. 



  

If you like scenic drives, then this is a great one. 


So the moral of the story is:
Babymoons rock.
And if you aren't having a baby,
go on vacation anyway.
It's good for the soul.

Jes 

1 comment:

  1. I think I really miss the Red hair now that I see these pictures...oh and the baby belly!!!

    ReplyDelete